[gpodder-devel] New tray features not in newest gpodder trunk.

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 13:36:10 +0100

Hello!

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 00:47 +0100, J?r?me Chabod wrote:
> I can not reproduce this bug. On my computer, when gpodder is
> minimized, no popups appears when no new episode was found, and only
> notification for other cases.
> You say the last rev. with the feature was ok was 550. Indeed, Thomas
> made a modification on the tray icon beheviour when minimized on the
> next revision which can be the reason:
>  svn diff -c551
>      def show_message( self, message, title = None):
> --        if self.tray_icon and self.minimized:
> +        if hasattr(self, 'tray_icon') and hasattr(self, 'minimized')
> and self.tray_icon and self.minimized:
> But I can't understand why it brake you gpodder. Maybe Thomas can help
> here.
>
> Can you please try to apply the patch in attachement which reverts
> Thomas modification and tell us if it's work?

The reason for the patch is that it failed when showing a message from
other dialogs than the main window (because show_message is in
GladeWidget and only the subclass "gPodder" has a "tray_icon" and
"minimized" attribute.

So, when using show_message in the preferences dialog, you can't access
the "tray_icon" and "minimized" attribute, because they are simply not
there.

This should pose no problem, because the only case when a non-main
window window opens a dialog is when gPodder is not minimized (except
for when you open the preferences dialog via the tray icon).