[gmpi] Re: Requirements

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:01:40 -0500

Just a heads-up: the major problem with plugin GUIs is not the GUI toolkit
(which can be pretty much anything) but how different hosts and platforms
handle hosting the plugin GUI as a sub-window, child-window, or control that
shows up where, and acts how, the host decrees.

To do this in a cross-platform manner, GMPI would have to abstract the
notions of parent window, child window, event filtering, key mapping, idle
processing, and so on.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
CsoundVST, an extended version of Csound for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/