[gmpi] Re: Reqs Discuss: 1-11

  • From: "Angus F. Hewlett" <amulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GMPI list <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:30:32 -0500 (EST)

Req 6... this almost implies a full graph model. It is IMHO not
mandatory for GMPI to define anything other than plug<->host
communication, the graph -may- be entirely host-mediated.

Req 11... why instantiation time? Certainly sample rate must be provided
before streaming start, but it seems to me that it should be possible to
change it between streaming sessions without tearing down and
reinstantiating the whole plugin. Also, why would a plugin not support a
requested sample rate? (sorry if I've missed a discussion on this)

  Angus F. Hewlett, Technical Director
  FXpansion Audio UK Ltd  -  http://www.fxpansion.com