[gmpi] Re: Kudos everyone, looking forward to NAMM

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:36:05 -0800

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 09:12:07AM -0500, Ron Kuper wrote:
>    It's been 2 long years but we're pretty much finished.  What a long
>    road it's been.

Almost.  Tomorrow I'll ask everyone to read the enxt bunch of sections :)

>    Tim, you have done a fantastic job pushing this process through to
>    completion. I carry the "chairman" title with shame.  You should be
>    "chairman", I should be "part-time back seat driver."  Seriously,
>    thank you thank you thank you.

Ron, I've only done anything because I want to see it done.  I appreciate
the kind words, but this was really a group effort.  I feel like I got
"too busy" for a while too.  We should have been done months ago, but I
wasn't pushing hard enough.

Sadly, we seem to have lost a few voices in the last few months.  If
anyone knows the absentees, I personally welcome them back to the table.
Some of our best work came through major arguments.

>    [1] Present the results of the requirements effort.
>
>    [2] Work with Tom White and the MMA tech board to determine how to
>    commence the next stage, writing the actual spec.
>
>    Tim, I think you should should do #1 (if you want -- I'm perfectly

Tag team, Ron?

>    willing to if you don't).  I think it would be great if as many of the
>    working group folks could attend.

I'd love to get to meet as many people as possible.  I think I can make
NAMM this year.

Thanks to everyone.  Now, let's put the polish on this doc and sign off on
it.