[gmpi] Kudos everyone (especially Tim), looking forward to NAMM

  • From: "Ron Kuper" <RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:12:07 -0500

It's been 2 long years but we're pretty much finished.  What a long road
it's been.

Tim, you have done a fantastic job pushing this process through to
completion. I carry the "chairman" title with shame.  You should be
"chairman", I should be "part-time back seat driver."  Seriously, thank
you thank you thank you.

Every year at NAMM the MMA holds their annual general meeting.  This
year it will be held on Sunday, January 23 at the Anaheim Marriott.
Usually the morning sessions are for MMA members only, and the afternoon
sessions are open.  There will be a GMPI working group meeting in the
afternoon.

This year's meeting will be really important.  We need to:

[1] Present the results of the requirements effort.

[2] Work with Tom White and the MMA tech board to determine how to
commence the next stage, writing the actual spec.

Tim, I think you should should do #1 (if you want -- I'm perfectly
willing to if you don't).  I think it would be great if as many of the
working group folks could attend.