[ggcsquicksig] Re: opened new visa account question

  • From: bcbloch@xxxxxxxx
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:55:45 -0700

Irma...The Quicken Program, not the Bank, keeps track of the most recent
download to any register.

Thus, if you download two days ago to an account's register, Quicken will
ask for all newly cleared transactions for that account SINCE the last
download.  So, if you delete all the transactions in the new account,
Quicken won't really know it has to go back to day one.

The only way to rectify it would be to restore a backup copy made just
before you set up the new account in Quicken and then download again.
The backup copy will not have a record of the download(s) you may have
made to the new account, since the account was not yet set up at the
time.

If there aren't too many transactions missing from your deletions, you
can always enter them manually into the new account, and not bother with
the restore routine.

When everything is up  to date in the new register, be sure to go back to
the old account's register and delete any duplicates THERE. The main
reason to do that is to avoid counting a transaction twice in some report
you need.  i.e., if you first entered a PG&E payment in the old account
and then it was transferred to the new account and showed up there, you
don't want to count that payment twice.

I've had this kind of account change made by a credit card company after
they felt the data had been compromised, and the transfer notations on a
new account were very confusing.

Hope this helps.

Babette

If it ever happens again, you could always