[ggc-urantialist] Re: [socadmin] Golden Gate Circle (SF Bay Area) Weekend Bulletin 3/3/13

  • From: Bohohwymus@xxxxxxx
  • To: ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ggc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, socadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:57:04 -0500 (EST)

GOLDEN  GATE CIRCLE
WEEKEND BULLETIN:
March 3, 2013

Mustard fields  and Vines in Spring

Tuevo  Orjala Visits Walnut Creek Study Group
Tuevo gave a presentation about his travels to  various study groups around
the United States and articulated his vision  for our group. This potluck
lunch and study group was held at Michelle  Klimesh's home in Danville. We
devoted half of the meeting time to  discussing the ideas of outreach that
Tuevo is living out in his day to day  reality. While Tuevo was in the Bay
Area, he and Geoff Theiss also set up  a Urantia Book booth at U.C. Berkeley
featuring the theme "Spiritual  Unity."

Upcoming  Local and U.S. Events
YaYA Regeneration  Conference
A  Youth and Young Adult Conference in Gloucester, MA. Thurs, Apr 18-Sun,
Apr  21, 2013
Register from: _http://urantianow.com/yaya-regeneration-conference/_
(http://urantianow.com/yaya-regeneration-conference/)
_(20% off if registered before March  15th)_
(http://urantianow.com/event-registration/?ee=5)
This  will be a very special gathering of youth and young adults who are
interested in  dedicating themselves to creating spiritual fellowship on
Urantia. We will focus  on the theme of REGENERATION as we seek to carry out
these ideals from  The Urantia Book:
The  United Urantia Family Festival  (TUUFF-2013)
to  celebrate Jesus/ Michael’s birthday at Yosemite, August 20-24,  2013!
This venue promises to be very  special since we will all gather together
at noon on August 21 at  the famed “Grizzly Giant” in Mariposa Grove,
believed to be an angelic place on  Urantia. Our theme: Celebrating Jesus’
Family,
in the Presence of  Angels!
The United Urantia  Family Festival 2013 will  be  a true Jesusonian
family-bonding memorable experience for all the ones  who will be present.
_Click Here to Register  for this Event _
(https://www.regonline.ca/t/c.aspx?0=310690&2=144282815&8=9&9=wlxBoQ/Xwas=&10=7&1=1136099&3=rpHjAS6nWgZpG0oxp5
0WPw==)
ROB  BELL / What We Talk About When We Talk About God
Mar 18, 2013 7:30 PM  @ Berkeley Arts &  Letters, First Congregational
Church of Berkeley (2345 Channing Way at Dana;  enter via courtyard on Dana)
Tickets $12 ($5  students) in advance only; $15 at the door
Love Wins was an overnight  viral phenomenon and New York Times bestseller
that launched Bell as a national  religious voice … What We Talk About When
We Talk About God will reveal a God not in need of repair to catch him up
to  today's world but rather a God who goes before us and beckons us
forward.
In his farewell  sermon to the Mars Hill congregation, Rob Bell said, “we
find ourselves in. a  church … that understood that there is a simplicity on
the other side of  complexity, aware of all of the various interpretations
and theological  perspectives and complicated systems of thinking and
analyzing and yet with a  clear, resolute sense that Jesus is doing something
in
the world, bringing water  to the thirsty, food to the hungry, peace to the
restless, presence to the  lonely and we are invited to join his movement,
that Jesus is ultimately not a  proposition you intellectually assent to but a
person you say 'yes'  to.”

The Chancel Choir of St. John’s Episcopal Church, with Guests and
Orchestra,
A performance of Mozart’s Requiem in D Minor (K.626)  on Sunday, March 24
at 4 pm under the direction of Ernest Fredric Knell, at St.  John’s Episcopal
Church (1707 Gouldin Road, off Thornhill, in the Montclair  District).
Orchestra is from the SF Opera orchestra and choir will have opera  chorus
members as well.
“I am singing with this group” --  “Should be a nice concert.”  (Bettina
Gray)

Virtue:
(A Thought for the Day)
In my studies of the  medicine wheel (and its re-occurrence in Jungian
psychology, as well as Robert  Bly’s poetic theory), I realized that the wheel
depicts the self-correcting  balance mechanism of all creation. Although the
wheel is used as a therapeutic  tool, in other words we tell ourselves that
we are choosing to use the medicine  wheel to achieve mental health, we are
actually choosing alignment with reality.  The wheel depicts what the
Universal Father has already put in place, made  inherent to the universe’s
structure. It is a moral universe and we make  decisions to align ourselves
with
it, accepting correction, even chastisement,  when we are out of balance.
The UB  quote below thus reveals the idea of “conformity with the cosmos,”
which to  American Indian philosophy became living in balance within the four
directions  (actually seven) of the medicine wheel.
(16:7.6)
“Virtue is righteousness—conformity  with the cosmos. To name virtues is
not to define them, but to live them is to  know them. Virtue is not mere
knowledge nor yet wisdom but rather the reality of  progressive experience in
the attainment of ascending levels of cosmic  achievement. In the day-by-day
life of mortal man, virtue is realized by the  consistent choosing of good
rather than evil, and such choosing ability is  evidence of the possession of
a moral  nature.”

Fawn in  Crockett
The Métier  of Blossoming

by  Denise Levertov
Fully occupied with growing--that's
the amaryllis. Growing especially
at night: it would take
only a bit more patience than I've got
to sit keeping watch with it till  daylight;
the naked eye could register every  hour's
increase in height. Like a child against a barn  door,
proudly topping each year's achievement,
steadily up
goes each green stem, smooth, matte,
traces of reddish purple at the base, and  almost
imperceptible vertical ridges
running the length of them:
Two robust stems from each bulb,
sometimes with sturdy leaves for  company,
elegant sweeps of blade with rounded  points.
Aloft, the gravid buds, shiny with  fullness.
One morning--and so soon!--the first  flower
has opened when you wake. Or you catch it  poised
in a single, brief
moment of hesitation.
Next day, another,
shy at first like a foal,
even a third, a fourth,
carried triumphantly at the summit
of those strong columns, and each
a Juno, calm in brilliance,
a maiden giantess in modest splendor.
If humans could be
that intensely whole, undistracted,  unhurried,
swift from sheer
unswerving impetus! If we could blossom
out of ourselves, giving
nothing imperfect, withholding  nothing!
Thanks for  tuning in and reading our news. And please -- Stay tuned!
Dave Holt, Communications Chair for  GGC

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image