[geocentrism] Re: need help

  • From: geocentric@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 15:04:07 +0100

>                    how the moon's shadow shouldn't travel from east
> to west in a HC situation eclipse. I have found that most people who
> have a good grasp of a problem can put their explanations in fairly
> simple terms and was hoping you could/would do this for me. Thank you
> for any time you may take in this matter, Ronald Knarr
Here's my attempt at an explanatory diagram, totally not to scale, but
it does demonstrate that even in this dinky little model the moon only
has to go through 27 degrees for the umbra to move across the entire
earth.  You can imagine that if the moon were further away in this
diagram (and proportionally bigger so its apparent size from earth were
the same) then it would need to go through even fewer degrees of its orbit.

Regards,
Mike.

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: eclipse.gif