[geocentrism] Re: irrelevancy ...Dr. Hovind

  • From: "Gary Shelton" <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:31:26 -0600

Cheryl,

I love Dr. Hovind.  I own his 7 tape set.  I admire the effort he puts into
his material.  He is very informative and very entertaining.  One of the
particularly clever things he says is from Genesis 6:4  "There were giants
in the earth in those days..."  Dr. Hovind calmly reads that passage and
then asks the audience, "Why do you suppose the Bible says that?"  He then
waits pregnantly a moment, finally stating that he thinks it says "there
were giants in the earth in those days"...because there were giants in the
earth in those days!

In other words the Bible is literally true for Dr. Hovind.  But that will
always beg the question of all the geocentric verses.  I posed this to him
once in an email to his website email address.  He responded in a few days
that he had considered the issue but had not made his mind up about it.

There is such a dichotomy as you described between creationists and
geocentrists, ala, the right to lifers and pro-lifers.

Gary