[geocentrism] Re: Setterfield, CDK and ZPE

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:43:58 +0000 (GMT)

Philip,

Why would the dielectric constant of free space tend to zero in the past? And
over what sort of time period is Setterfield claiming these vastly increased
velocities of light?

Photon energy is proportional to frequency. Speed is the product of frequency
and wavelength. Thus increasing the speed will increase the frequency and thus
the energy of each quantum, unless the wavelength decreases by exactly the
right amount to compensate, as you say. But why would it do that? Also, we are
not talking of isolated frequencies (i.e., colours), but of the entire e/m
spectrum.

And all this based on some poor quality telescopic observations from 16??

Neville.

Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The consequences of his idea and, in particular, the enormously greater photic
energies in the past, make it untenable. Neville.
I take it you are taking photons as equivalent to mass, and that therefore
increased speed = increased energy...

I wonder. Is the energy of EMR dependent upon the speed? Is the energy of EMR
entirely in the corpuscular (Photon) element or is it distributed between the
wave and corpuscular. ? Or even betwen the electrostatic and magnetic fields,
which might mean the same thing.

If the speed changes, the wavelength will change if the frequency is to be
unchanged.

The only practical example I can offer is the electrical characteristic of RF
current in a conductor. The speed of propagation of the electroagnetic field in
the metal slows down to make the physical wavelength much shorter than it would
be in space, 0.6 if I recall, yet the power frequency and energy is unchanged.

The question we are asking then, is, can this constant for the speed of light
in a vacuum be changed? Energy should not come into the equation.

Technical: The velocity of EMR through a medium depends upon the dielectric
constant of the medium, which for a vacuum is taken as unity, 1. Air is taken
as close enough to 1. If the dielectric constant is greater than 1 the velocity
is reduced.

It is the introduction of insulating material with a high dielectric constant
that slows down the velocity of propagation, not the metal conductor.