[geocentrism] Re: gravity fills my quiver

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:58:18 +1000

Gary, I still cannot get what you are saying.   The atmosphere is carried
around with the rotation of the earth in the same way as we are when we do a
high jump. The only difference in degree is that the fluidity of air, allows
for much more diverse effects that do not effect a solid body. We have
westerlies and we have easterlies. But we do also have still air. Still air
that is relative to the spinning globe. If you jump up in a still air you
will fall back to the same spot. Like jumping up and down in a train doing
100mph. According (relative) to the floor of the carriage you have made a
straight vertical motion. Yet relative to the track, you have made an
angular climb.

If the earth was steady, movimg east or moving west, the effects of
atmosphere ic movements wind, etc would all be the same, except for the
coriolis effect, Left or right which as you know must occur if a ball is
rotating.

I do believe Neville's query of the polar star more worthy of consideration.
That has me puzzeled...