[geocentrism] Re: World/Moon system

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:29:13 -0800

I agree with you, Allen. To claim that the Moon's gravitational attraction causes the tides and yet does not lift us off our chair does not make any sense.

This gravitational force in the heliocentric system is apparently like having a steel cable attaching the Moon to the World. A steel cable 600 miles in diameter. The whole of the British Isles taken up with a steel cable.

Sort of puts things into perspective.

Another way to put things into perspective is to take a bucket and fill it with water. Now hold it at arms length. The bucket of water has quite a weight. Yet the Moon whizzes around about a quarter of a million miles above our heads and pulls up the entire Atlantic Ocean!

And we feel ... nothing?