[geocentrism] Re: Tone.

  • From: RM Mentock <mentock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:47:15 -0400

Dr. Jones

Your views in ""Stellar distances and the age of the universe", which
you say have not changed, are the ones that I object to, especially
where you allude to your opponents as stupid and brainless.  I object
primarily because of your request for civility of tone in this discussion.

After looking at the small portion of code that you presented in the
group, I have serious doubts that it could have produced the output.
But I cannot determine that without seeing the code.  Unfortunately,
you have chosen not to share the code, and have even removed the
paper.  Everyone makes mistakes. Admitting mistakes will not lower
credibility--hiding mistakes will lower credibility, and rightly so.

I did not claim that the line of code was wrong--I had no idea what the
code said at the time.  I said that the line in the paper was wrong.
I said that if you corrected your code, that the results would support
the heliocentric theory--which you have admitted is true.  There are
a thousand ways that error can creep into software--I think I've
personally made every one of them.