[geocentrism] The aether.geocehtrism

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:07:51 +1000

Ok it seems that we must get this aether out of the way , at least by
concensus, that it is possible either way. I think it pretty conceited for
one to say dogmatically , "it doesn't exist" or even "it does"
I cannot see any possibility of the geocentric model working without it,
unless it involved the infinite power of God, and in the normal things He
does not interfere in that way.

Mike said below,
"If a wave propagates by displacement of a medium and you move relative
to that medium then your speed will affect the apparent speed of the
wave: classic doppler effect.  Light however doesn't behave like this, "

This statement seems to reveal the crux of the problem we are all having,
which only occurred to me when I pointed out to steves post, that sound is
mechanical and works in a mechanical medium. Light, any EMR is not a
mechanical vibration, therefore we cannot talk about it displacing a
mechanical medium, which seems to be the idea that many have had. Hence the
many attempts to demonstrate its existence as some sort of physical
material, or at least properties akin to such.

At the risk of once again being accused of talking rubbish, though much
greater brains than I have promoted this, I would like to put again what I
think the aether really could be. Mike says that science does not depend on
authority, but he must agree that we can and do resort to "authorities" on
certain subjects. In any case the aether cannot be regarded as a mechanical
medium. It has to be a condition of reality, that has very different and
special properties.

According to Asimov, to understand the aether you have to consider the idea
that the universe is not three, but four dimensional. What we experience as
subjective time is in actuality our mental movement along an already
existing component of the created universe called the fourth dimension.
  God said the book of life is already written, and all the names therein,
or something like that. Daniel saw it.

This is the model Asimov used to give us some chance of grasping it. (as
accurately as I can remember it from the 50's.)

Consider a three dimensional square based tower, with a finite height h. We
are looking at a two dimensional world across the base dimensions, and it is
populated with 2 dimensional beings. The height of this physical object
represents the TIME of these beings. For this example a being lifespan lasts
over the full height  h.

It is important to realise that flat world people do not have ANY height.
They do not experience any height. They live their physical 2 D movements by
subjectively (their consciousness) moving forward in time till they die.

Lets move to the mid point of their mental existence , half way up the
block. Below is the past, to them long gone, and the future is above,
already there, but to them still to come.

Looking from the outside we as three D people in a 3D world see the whole of
these flatworlders existence. We can see that there is a physical material ,
and if there was a flatlander person he would
exist between the layers. That would be his "aetheric pressure" that his
radio or magnetic feilds would react against. This also has something to do
with the c constant of EMR, but I can't remember that part. Only exceeding
the speed of light would jump across the layers.

If this idea was translated to a 4 dimensional model, then quite a lot of
unexplainable things would indeed be answered. But I cant even begin to
understand the possible paradoxes that occurred to me when I first read this
thesis.That belongs to God.

Steve wrote:
>> So Alan, Are you saying that light is longitudinal? I could go for
>> that...but I don't think that you are :-) I mean let's talk apples
>> to apples.

Yes, let's talk apples to apples, now we're really getting to the core
of it.

If a wave propagates by displacement of a medium and you move relative
to that medium then your speed will affect the apparent speed of the
wave: classic doppler effect.  Light however doesn't behave like this,
the frequency changes almost as you'd expect but the speed stays the
same irrespective of your movement.  Although this seems completely
counter intuitive, as the evidence mounted up scientists were
reluctantly forced to drop their hypothesis of an aether because of this.

What Doppler himself thought about light is irrelevant.

Regards,
Mike.