[geocentrism] Re: The Aether and Orbital Mechanics

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:30:10 +1000

Bob I think I was a bit loose with my wording, and your questions of course
raised the need for some precision. ..  I wanted to insist that inertia, as we
see it and feel it is a property of the aether, upon Mass..  It must be
proportional to Mass. We cannot see or feel the aether rotating. We assume it
must if we are to reconcile the geocentric position. .
You asked/stated.

"This may be dueto a) frame dragging or b) a "push" by some physical property
of the aether as it rotates about the earth. "

[I am trying hard to separate the gravitational push property of the aether
which is observed to be equal in effect to the "mass attraction" theory of
gravity, from the inertial effect upon motion of a mass. Thus to answer your
second point, ]

" This thought experiment neglects for the moment that the aether may be
"dragging"
or "pushing" on the rocket during its entire flight up to and beyond the
moment it "stopped".""

[I would say that just as it is assumed and observed under the helio, Newtonian
system that the rocket is moved to the east throughout its flight and
afterwards, by the assumed imetus given by a rotating earth, then likewise and
exactly equal to it in observation will be the effect for a motionless earth
and a rotating aether, causing an impetus to the rocket towards the west. The
relative view will be the same in each case.

As regards your, ]

"So, if a rocket were sent far into space and then decelerated to a point where
its onboard sensors indicated a velocity of "0", we would expect it to begin
accelerating into a circular orbit about
the earth such that its period eventually synchronizes with the Aether, which
we assume to be one earth day."

[The moon has an impetus or momentum upstream of the aether flow. which
balances out.

Consider  a canoe having a velocity of 15units  moving upstream on a river that
has a velocity of 10 units, (no frictional losses.

 It will never reach 24 hour orbit, unless space density friction slows its
momentum.  I have never said that the aether offers resistance to movement,
only resistance to change of movement. ( the property or principle is the same
as Newtons law as observed)

Hence I have to say that the rocket will not begin accelerating into any orbit,
but maintain the position to which it was sent, gravity and all other
considerations being satisfied.

I have not changed the appearances.  I have changed the way we explain those
appearances to satisfy an alternative reality.

I hope that then explains your final statement below. The aether does not
change the basic principle of Newtons inertia. In fact it reinforces it, except
we are looking at it from a different perspective. i e The aether ixists. Dare
I use that jargonistic terminology, with trepidation, from different frames of
reference....?????

"This leads me to question why, after thousands of years, the other planets
are still orbiting the Sun and have not been "dragged" or "pushed" into
orbit around earth.  "

The aether does not cause a change of state.

"Every body continues in its state of rest or motion in a DIRECTION GOVERNED
BY (or within)THE MOVEMENT OF THE AETHER except in so far as it is compelled by
forces
to change that state."

I repeat the simple analogy of dropping a ball in the cabin of a jet aircraft..
  Everyone in the plane will say the ball dropped in a straight line.. We know
different.