[geocentrism] The Aether and Orbital Mechanics

  • From: "Bob Davidson" <Jesus4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:00:56 -0400

"Every body continues in its state of rest or motion in a DIRECTION GOVERNED
BY THE MOVEMENT OF THE AETHER except in so far as it is compelled by forces
to change that state."

If I understand correctly, the above statement implies that the motion of an
object in space is to tend toward an orbit about the earth.  This may be due
to a) frame dragging or b) a "push" by some physical property of the aether
as it rotates about the earth.  So, if a rocket were sent far into space and
then decelerated to a point where its onboard sensors indicated a velocity
of "0", we would expect it to begin accelerating into a circular orbit about
the earth such that its period eventually synchronizes with the Aether,
which we assume to be one earth day.  How long would that take?  This
thought experiment neglects for the moment that the aether may be "dragging"
or "pushing" on the rocket during its entire flight up to and beyond the
moment it "stopped".

This leads me to question why, after thousands of years, the other planets
are still orbiting the Sun and have not been "dragged" or "pushed" into
orbit around earth.  The natural conclusion would be that the Sun exerts
sufficient force on those other bodies to keep them in orbit about itself.
That is fine if you believe that gravity (or whatever the controlling force)
depends upon mass or some other property of the Sun, or at least is not
confined to some unique property of earth.

Comments?

Bob