[geocentrism] Re: Space probes beyond LEO were all fake

  • From: "Glover, Rob" <Rob.Glover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:54:50 +0100

Neville,

I've had some further thoughts around your assertion that all the space
probe missions beyond LEO were faked (see the Voyager posts). You said:

>A: Low Earth Orbit (LEO), yes. This is defined as being 200-400 miles
>above the World's surface. I have no problem with that.

So can I presume, that you have no problem with the Hubble Space Telescope
orbiting at an altitude of 360 miles above the Earth, and with the
quarter-million plus images that have come down from that over the last
decade.

Now, specifics. Hubble snapped stunning photographs of Mars at the
oppositions of 2001 and last summer, 2003. They were the sharpest and best
images ever obtained from the vicinity of the Earth, showing the larger
craters, the volcanoes Olympus and Arsia Mons, details in the polar caps,
and the Vallis Marineris and Noctis Labyrinthus canyon systems. These had
never been seen before in such detail by near-Earth telescopes.

However, we've known that these features existed ever since 1971, thirty
years previously, when the Mariner 9 spacecraft went into orbit round Mars
and mapped the whole planet.

So - If Mariner 9 never went to Mars as you assert, where did these pictures
come from in 1971? How did we know that these features would be confirmed by
the HST three decades later? Is is just sheer good fortune on the part of
the forgers?

Secondly;

Voyagers 1 and 2 photographed the Jovian Galilean Moons from close range in
1979. The most exciting discovery was the active volcanism on the moon Io,
no-one had predicted such an active body in the outer solar system.

Since then, Hubble has actually been able to resolve the larger of the Io
volcanoes itself, even to monitor their changing shape as they erupt. If the
voyager images were forged, how did they get it so accurate, considering
they didn't know what to expect? In 1979, Io was still only a blurry dot in
the best ground-based telescopes.

Cheers,
Rob.