[geocentrism] Re: Nature of the universe? & geostationary satellites

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:06:01 +0100 (BST)

I like these two contributions by Allen and Philip, and suggest that we reply
to them on a point by point basis, with no more than 2 points per posting.
Otherwise some are going to be bogged down with huge, and difficult to
comprehend, e-mails.

Allen - I reject your claim that the distance to the Sun and Moon can be
obtained by simple triangulation, using two points on the surface of the World
as a baseline. This is untrue because of the atmosphere, which refracts
incoming light towards the normal. I.e., the atmosphere makes things outside it
seem further away (at any angle except zenith). The "accepted" amount of
refraction is based upon the assumed distance to these objects and is therefore
another instance of circular reasoning.