[geocentrism] Re: KJB v. NKJB

  • From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:15:05 -0500

Bob,

> 9) So I have to conclude that you, like the Jehovah's Witnesses, believe
> that the Holy Spirit is an "it" instead of a "He".  The Greek word
> translated "itself" in the KJV is 'ow-tos', which is an article or pronoun
> translated depending on the context of its use.  If we are
> talking about the
> Person of God, it is properly translated as "Him".  [Someone who knows
> Greek, please chime in].

The Greek masculine reflexive form for himself is 'autos';
alpha-upsilon-tau-omicron-sigma. 'ow-tos' is the phonetic rendering.
The Greek neuter reflexive form for itself is 'auton'.
I see no exegetical reason why 'autos' would be translated as neuter,
contrary to its literal meaning.

> 10) God is the Creator.  The Divinity of Jesus is God but the humanity
> (flesh) of Jesus is not.  If the whole person of Jesus were God, He could
> not have died on the cross.  To say that the World was made
> "through" Jesus
> and not "by" Jesus is the most accurate way to express those facts.  It is
> not a "HUGE difference".  It more accurately reflects where the Creative
> power is derived from - God from eternity past.  The body of Jesus did not
> exist until 2000 years ago.  His body had nothing to do with Creation.  In
> fact, it is part of the Creation.  To say that the World was made
> "by" Jesus
> is to imply wrongly that His entire being, including his humanity
> made from
> DNA, had the power to create ex nihilo and that His body also
> existed as God
> from eternity past.

Leading up to a point that I have pondered for a while.

Was the human immaterial soul of Jesus the first created being , as St.
Albert and St. Paul seemed to think?
If not, there are theological problems. If so, there are still problems.

Please respond, if you please, privately.

Pax Christi,

Robert