[geocentrism] Re: KJB v. NKJB

  • From: "Bob Davidson" <Jesus4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:34:05 -0500

Cheryl,

1) I really hate it when people put words in my mouth to suit their agenda.
I NEVER said the KJV is "the most accurate".  I used the terms "arguably"
and "possibly", trying to be generous to you.
2) You completely ignore what the translators themselves had to say.  They
tell us they were not inspired and that their work would eventually have to
be updated, but you ignore that.
3) The translators of the KJV translated and incorporated the Apocrypha as
the Holy Word of God.  Either it is inspired or the translators made an
enormous error.
4) The NKJV does not "just get rid of the 'thees and thous' and change[s] a
word here or there".  I conclude that you never bothered to read what its
translators had to say, either.
5) I suppose if God were to speak to you in the original Greek and Hebrew,
unless you are fluent in those languages, you would likewise conclude that
He was speaking in a "forgettable, vague, and just kind of ugly sounding and
tacky manner" since you would have no clue what He was saying unless He
spoke in old English.
7) Now I see that someone resents the way that I occasionally sign off as I
indicate my love for God.  That is petty and ungodly.
8) You are now an authority on the NKJV, Greek, Hebrew, Latin, and
apparently all other manuscripts and translations?  What are your
credentials?
9) So I have to conclude that you, like the Jehovah's Witnesses, believe
that the Holy Spirit is an "it" instead of a "He".  The Greek word
translated "itself" in the KJV is 'ow-tos', which is an article or pronoun
translated depending on the context of its use.  If we are talking about the
Person of God, it is properly translated as "Him".  [Someone who knows
Greek, please chime in].
10) God is the Creator.  The Divinity of Jesus is God but the humanity
(flesh) of Jesus is not.  If the whole person of Jesus were God, He could
not have died on the cross.  To say that the World was made "through" Jesus
and not "by" Jesus is the most accurate way to express those facts.  It is
not a "HUGE difference".  It more accurately reflects where the Creative
power is derived from - God from eternity past.  The body of Jesus did not
exist until 2000 years ago.  His body had nothing to do with Creation.  In
fact, it is part of the Creation.  To say that the World was made "by" Jesus
is to imply wrongly that His entire being, including his humanity made from
DNA, had the power to create ex nihilo and that His body also existed as God
from eternity past.
11) It is rather convenient that you can pardon the Bibles leading up to the
KJV as good and useful, despite the fact that they were full of errors -
some very gross - but any translations after KJV are of the devil.
12) God's Word is pure and will outlast the Heaven's and the earth.  As I
said before, the original manuscripts in the original languages were
God-breathed, perfect and inerrant.  If you think that those languages can
be translated to the uttermost perfection into another language, you are
badly mistaken.  Words, phrases, idioms, parts of speech, etc., CANNOT be
translated perfectly between such languages.  If you had even a rudimentary
understanding of those languages you would already know that.

What I find depressing here are your baseless - and uninformed - arguments.

In His Service,

Bob