[geocentrism] Re: Intellectual dishonesty

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:05:44 +0100 (BST)

Philip et al.,

It is extremely difficult to get anything worthwhile back even from a laser
fired to excite atoms in the sodium layer (centred at ~ 92 km altitude), let
alone the Moon. And this is not even a reflected signal - the excited atoms
re-emit at the same wavelength (there can be a very small variation in this,
which is used to effect in polychromatic laser guide stars). Backscatter from
the Moon would be effectively nil.

Using a more and more powerful laser does not work, because of an effect called
thermal blooming, and the Fried parameter for the World's atmosphere at visible
wavelengths restricts the turbulence coherence time to about 6 ms, rather than
2.5 s, as would be required.

Neville.

Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nevilles said,
Another example is that I am very well qualified to comment upon the claims
that laser beams have been bounced off an 18-inch square piece of aluminium,
supposedly left on the Moon by Armstrong and Aldrin..

I ask. Given that a straight mirror would be a joke as reflections would
never come back to the sender, is there any official evidence that it was
indeed a reflector, or was it as Alan suggsted a prismatic refractor?

This sounds like magic, not even radar, though radar reflections scatter,
and are not directional. Imagine what would happen to a scattered laser
beam. I an open to correction here.

By the way, when I first heard it, I fell for it. That is how the
modernists, the real pseudo SF scientists think. They are blind believers. I
been there. They are indeed turning truth into fables.
St Pauls charge to Timothy.
1 I charge thee, before God and Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living
and the dead, by his coming and his kingdom:
2 Preach the word: be instant in season, out of season: reprove,
entreat, rebuke in all patience and doctrine.
3 For there shall be a time when they will not endure sound doctrine
but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers
having itching ears:
4 And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be
turned unto fables.

This prophecy is like a light to us, a proof if ever there was a need for
one, except for those who see but cannot perceive.