[geocentrism] Re: Fwd: Fw: Re: Michelson-Morley/Twins Paradox

  • From: Mike <mboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:00:58 +0100

Hi Jack,
> If you think about it Mike its likely to be what their particular world
> view is.
 > Scientists are their own worst critics. So much of what is discussed as
> science seems to be unprovable assumptions - which is OK. You takes your
> pick and makes your choice. You prove something to me and I will accept
> it,
>
>but for anything different I will have to use my judgement and that will
> be coloured by my world view.

I think you missed the point.  Scientists don't chose what bits of their
work become conventional science and what doesn't.  Other scientists
being able to repeat their results and confirm the maths does.  Of
course the worldview of scientists does change over time, but the
repeatable experiments of the past and the mathematical relationships
observed therein still hold to the degree of accuracy they did back then.

Regards,
Mike.