[geocentrism] Re: short exchange on BA on rocketship question

  • From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:44:44 -0400

Gary,

You might remind tinfoilhead and the other 2 bad astronomers that the
surface density of the Martian atmosphere is about 1 % of Earth's. An easy
way to picture this : it's the same density as the Earth's atmosphere at 75
miles up....

The BAs also are not being consistent with the claim that the Earth's air
blanket is dragged along with the surface boundary
layer, allegedly explaining the doldrums of the tropics (transient
hurricanes notwithstanding).
So it should be on Mars - the relative motion of Martian air(CO2)and the
ground should be nil.

Methinks the talk about a blast of 500 mph wind at the Martian equator is
more like just a lot of hot (thin) air!

Keep the faith - GC, of course -

Robert