[geocentrism] Re: Falsifying the Geosynchronous Satellite Concept

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:08:33 +1000

notice the geocentric caused contradiction between the two statements I
highlighted in red. Philip.
http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Outreach/AboutVolcanoes/do_tides_affect_volcanoes.html

Tidal Lunacy

      Everybody is familiar with ocean tides that cause the ocean level to go
up and down, usually twice a day. We can go down to the beach and watch this
tidal action along any coast in the world. On a global level, the ocean tides
are actually waves whose crests are half a world apart and traveling from east
to west. At most points on the globe, the tidal crest comes by about every 12.5
hours.
      The engine driving this phenomenon is the gravitational attraction of,
primarily, the moon, but also the sun. The earth completes one rotation every
24 hours, and the ocean tides can be imagined as a watery bulge that remains
relatively stationary while the planet rotates inside. The biggest tides occur
about every two weeks when the sun and moon are aligned (either full or new
moon). Hence they are called the "fortnightly" tides.

      Few realize that the solid earth also exhibits tidal behavior with bulges
on opposite sides of the globe, also driven by the moon. At HVO, we can
actually measure these tides with our tiltmeters and strainmeters. The earth's
surface tilts up to 0.03 microradians in response to the apparent passage of
the moon overhead. A tilt of one microradian is the tilt of a solid bar one
kilometer (0.6 miles) long with one end raised by the thickness of a dime. To
emphasize how small the tidal tilts are, our tiltmeters automatically alert us
to the possibility of volcanic activity when tilts change more than 0.5
microradians in 5 minutes.

      Philip