[geocentrism] Re: Direction of launches

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:20:52 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Gary,

I've drawn the diagrams in a paper that I have recently revised. Have a look at
"Moon landing feasibility" under the "NASA" heading on the homepage of

www.midclyth.supanet.com

They are shown as Figs. 3 & 4.

Basically the capsule has to follow a path a bit like a coiled watch spring.

Post in what you think after you've had a chance to study the diagrams.

Gary Shelton <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dr. Jones,

I kind of missed the original post on this subject and would like to see
that initial proposition so as to catch up to speed with what you're saying.
I don't know what diagrams you would have us draw.

Off-hand I can't understand how a launch is done in any direction other than
straight up. Perhaps the rocket changes course once launched? I believe
one of the BA-er's went into some detail on this once, explaining to me how
the rocket goes so high and then turns eastwardly to take advantage of
rotation ... but my memory is hazy beyond that.

Can you copy or possibly just point me (can one give a link to a Freelist
post?) to the right spot, please. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gary Shelton