[geocentrism] Newton's gravity views?

  • From: "Gary Shelton" <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:11:22 -0600

Hello all,
I was curious to know if Newton actually believed in gravity.  I have always
read he thought it was ridiculous (not Newton's word here, just best I can
remember) to assume that gravity was an inherent characteristic of all matter.

I believe that it must be conventionally accepted that gravity IS an inherent
characteristic of matter, and that Newton must have been regarded as crazy on
this one.  Obviously, it would bear enormously on Phil's slingshot/escape
velocity issues, so I'm curious to know if Newton ever took this idea very far.

Sincerely,

Gary Shelton

-- Type: text/plain
-- Desc: "AVG certification"