[geocentrism] Creationists' treatment of Geocentricity

  • From: "Cheryl B." <c.battles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:32:31 -0500

Gary -- A friend of mine recommended I speak to Ken Hovind, a creationist
evangelist who has a creation science museum in Pensacola, Florida.  He
wouldn't even discuss the possibility of geocentrism because, in his
opinion,  the heliocentric model was correct.  But he did say that, in his
opinion, NASA would not try to document the earth's turning because in
NASA's mind it would be equivalent perhaps to try to document Santa Claus
flying over the North Pole.

I agree with Robert's point that Creationist scientists are just starting to
gain respectability and don't want to risk being ignored or made a laughing
stock (again) or in some cases having lucrative ministries fall apart -- not
to be cynical.

I was telling my daughter that not too many years ago most of the churches
believed in theistic evolution; but the Creationists have over the past I'd
say 30 years managed to make Creationism respectable.

Personally, I think the atheist/evolutionists are on the rout.   The
position of the gradualists is so ludicrous that nonexperts like myself can
demolish their position -- and I do it all the time.  They avoid debating
Creationists because they know they'll lose.

They are put in the position of defending the indefensable.  Like for
example, how do male and female creatures manage to evolve independently
over billions of years until they reach the point when, voila, they can now
start reproducing?  And of course God had to create the first life forms
fully grown and developed, lest He have to feed them with an eye dropper,
whatever.  Spontaneous generation, life arising from dead matter, was
disproved in the maggots and dead meat experiment.  Somebody should tell the
evolutionists that.

That's why I agree with Dr. Jones about NASA being frauds.  Anybody who
would believe such nonsense as either gradualistic evolution or punctuated
equilibrium (the lame theory the atheists are now trying to duck behind to
escape the ludicrousness of  their laughable theories of  gradual evolution)
can't be trusted for their opinions on much of anything else, especially in
the area of science, or in their case "science-so-called."

Cheryl