[geocentrism] Re: Celestial Poles ..part 2

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:46:36 +1100

Allen,
Ad.1) "The two motions nightly and annual would be the same,
       ...because they take place in the same plane"
      * The fact that the annual translational orbit takes place in the
        ecliptic plane, only affects the parallactic ellipses.
      * What you call the annual motion, still is only the nightly
        rotation seen at a progressing phase
        360°/365.25days = about 1° per day or 4 minutes further per day.
Ad.2) "It is nothing more then tilting your head/ camera while rotating
       (radial orientation) around a given axis."
      * I assume you mean the "given axis" axis to be the red axis, i.e.,
        the ecliptic axis.
      * In that case, you are not correct, because that motion is NOT a
        ROTATION, but a TRANSLATION along a (nearly) circular path - the
        Earth's orbit.
      * If it was a rotation, your camera would point 47° away from Polaris
        half a year from when it does point to Polaris.
        This is not the case, as we do agree on.

    - Regner