[GeoStL] Re: cachemate questions

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:17:37 -0600

-
Sure, select a cache to be your centerpoint (you must be on the "Info" screen
of the cache file). Then go to the Record menu and choose Nearest Caches. Hit
OK, and then you will get several filters to choose from, including direction
and max distance.

Cachemate has some other cool features that I use, including stamping the date
and time a cache is found so that I can get a list of caches in the order we
found them, and projecting waypoints. If you need any help with those, I'd be
happy to show you.

-Laurie (Denmother)> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:44:34 -0800> From:
lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [GeoStL] Re: cachemate questions> To:
geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > -> Hi Laurie,> Thanks SO much for the help.  That
is EXACTLY what I needed.  I like the "database" feel that cachemate has.  I
was really fond of GPX Sonar because it was so much like GSAK.  Your help has
gotten me to where I can feel a little more comfortable with getting the info I
need while out caching.>  > Do you know if there is a way of sorting caches
from distance from center?>  > Thanks Again,>  > Mike> From: Laurie Elfrank
<lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx> > * To: Geocaching Newsgroup
<geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > * Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:45:36 -0600 > -> Mike,
you might want to check your List Options (under your Option menu). Make > sure
that "Display waypoint as name" is NOT checked.> > When I use more than one PQ,
I usually combine them into one database in GSAK, > and then load it onto my
card. I always load data onto my card instead of the > device itself. I've had
problems with the Palm crashing when I overloaded it, > but I have never had a
problem as long as I put the data on the card instead of > directly onto the
device when I HotSync.> > You could also create separate databases on the Palm
for each PQ if you want to > keep them separate. Then you would go to Select DB
(under your Option menu) to > switch back and forth between databases.> > Hope
that helps. I will have my Palm and a laptop at the Jeff City event if you >
want to check out my settings.> > -Laurie (Denmother)> > Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009
20:55:51 -0800> From: lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx> > > Subject: [GeoStL] cachemate
questions> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > -> My > > IPAQ broke and the only
replacement I could find was a Palm Tungston E2. > > }:o( I'm trying to get a
Palm replacement for GPX Sonar and I guess > > Cachemate is as close as it
gets. (I didn't like plucker/spinner too much). > > Is that as good as it
gets?> I use GSAK to output to cachemate, but it used > > the code (GC......)
instead of the waypoint name. How do you get that to > > show the cache name
instead?> > If I load a couple of gpx files from > > different PQ's on to the
card, how do I get cachemate to switch from one file > > to another?> > Thanks
for the help> > Mike Bollinger> > > > > > > > > > > >