[GeoStL] Re: cachemate questions

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:44:34 -0800 (PST)

-
Hi Laurie,
Thanks SO much for the help.  That is EXACTLY what I needed.  I like the
"database" feel that cachemate has.  I was really fond of GPX Sonar because it
was so much like GSAK.  Your help has gotten me to where I can feel a little
more comfortable with getting the info I need while out caching.

Do you know if there is a way of sorting caches from distance from center?

Thanks Again,

Mike
From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        * To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        * Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:45:36 -0600
-
Mike, you might want to check your List Options (under your Option menu). Make
sure that "Display waypoint as name" is NOT checked.

When I use more than one PQ, I usually combine them into one database in GSAK,
and then load it onto my card. I always load data onto my card instead of the
device itself. I've had problems with the Palm crashing when I overloaded it,
but I have never had a problem as long as I put the data on the card instead of
directly onto the device when I HotSync.

You could also create separate databases on the Palm for each PQ if you want to
keep them separate. Then you would go to Select DB (under your Option menu) to
switch back and forth between databases.

Hope that helps. I will have my Palm and a laptop at the Jeff City event if you
want to check out my settings.

-Laurie (Denmother)