[GeoStL] Re: St. Joe State Park

  • From: "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:06:35 -0500

Sue,
If you want to get muddy riding four wheelers, try Finger Lakes State Park
north of Columbia in February.  I've been up there several times in the past
when I had a Yamaha Blaster and  that time of year you may have the whole place
to your self and if it's been a wet winter there'll be more mud than you can
handle.  One trip the bikes kept getting so caked with mud they wouldn't even
move.  We'd have to get off and clean the mud out from under the fenders to get
them going again.  Aaahhh, those were the days.  Now I have the huge Yamaha
Grizzly 660 and I'm a little tamer in my old age. ;-)  Although we did get
slightly muddy this past Saturday riding in the rain near Babler State Park.
Isaac and I got covered in more chiggers and seed ticks than mud that day
though.  I'm still itching like crazy.

Gale