[GeoStL] Re: SEMINAR

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:12:19 -0500

Lyn, (and others),

This is the predicament!

We would like to hold the GC101 class and make a little money since we lost
money on the picnic this year (but that's another story). We will wait until
next Wed (Oct.29th) to decide if it's a go or not, based on the registrations.
Can't anyone talk their friends into signing up? If we have enough, then Glenn,
Jim (Strider) and myself need to go out to Greensfelder to setup the flags,
hide the caches, and then make up the handouts from the PowerPoint slides, make
the handouts of all the waypoints for the flags and caches, and get everything
together for Sat.

However, if we cancel the 101 session, we will have the maintenance event at
the same location. That will only give us 2-3 days to get everything together
for that too. We will need several laptops and need to download all the
different GPS updates, get the correct cables for the GPS's, get volunteers to
talk about several subjects, such as Palm and PPC PDAs, Watcher, and things
like that. Any volunteers for that?

In the meantime, I'll make up another event cache page for the maintenance
event on Nov 1 (10AM) at Greensfelder Learning center. I'll mark it as
"tentative" until Wednesday to see which way we go. If we have it, anyone who
can bring their GPS cable would be great. I know we can get the cables for
Magellan, and Garmin Etrex'es, but I have no way of knowing which models share
which cables.

If the 101 session is a "go", we'll do the maintenance session in November if
everyone agrees with a date.

Lyn, you also said that Frog could get a projector. Do you realize I need a
projector that plugs into the video out of the PC, not a "Kodak" type slide
projector? If he can bring one, that would be great for the Watcher demo.