[GeoStL] Re: Rivers Flooding Everywhere, enough with the water!

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:21:42 -0500

-
I would start it out: "Rivers flood, if your cache is in the floodplain, you
need to be prepared for a flood.  It is not a matter of if, it is a matter
of when the river will flood."

Some suggestions for floodplain caches:

Suspend it up in a tree with rope or fish line.

Make sure you have a water tight container.  Perhaps some suggestions on
containers.

Make sure your cache is securely attached to something that will not be
washed away in the flood.

Make it an Earth Cache

Make it a multi with the final out of the flood plain.  Have a tag on
something in the flood plain.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Go Obama!