[GeoStL] Rivers Flooding Everywhere, enough with the water!

  • From: Glenn Nash <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:50:59 -0500

-
The last couple of days RotC and myself have been going through all the disabled caches in Missouri. We generally run about 45-50 caches that are disabled. The last several months we have been up around 240 or so. That is about 200 caches too many.

I know that we have been hit hard all over the state by flooding. Around here the three rivers and our many creeks have given all of you fits and everyone has done commendable work checking caches and putting them in operation when you can.

The Lower Meremac areas are still swampy, the areas along the mississippi are pretty wet too. The good news is that the land along the river road in Fenton is dry, Unger Park should be good. The Rangers , bikers and hikers that are out their daily say that the trail and land nad been dru for maybe a month or more and is in good shape since they were not affected by the second round of flooding. I would expect to see a whole bunch of caches coming back online any time now.

I hope that the area out along 370 in st. charles is OK. The folks all along 79, winfield, foley and surrounding areas are wet. I haven't heard much from anyone up there.

St. Joseph, Mo and Springfield were affected as well. I hope that things are getting back to normal over there too.

Again, a million thanks to everyone that has kept us regularly updated about their caches and please keep up the good work.

Glenn