[GeoStL] Re: Rivers Flooding Everywhere, enough with the water!

  • From: john leenerts <johnnybgood1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:17:36 -0700 (PDT)

I did not even raise the difficulty on Tree-Mendous and someone paddled a canoe
within 30 ft of it!
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=75cf62f8-d479-403a-8096-26571b5c4d9a
Go Ralph Nader!

I have suggested raising the difficulity level to several people and they
didn't see the humor in it.  I've seen some ingenious cachers out there using
boots make out of trash bags, etc. to get a cache and I'm sure some one could
make a set of waders out of some extra large trashbags..  This is a good idea.
The rock thing may or may not work.  My "Watch the River Flow" was in a
reasonably large rock (at least a couple of pounds) and it disapeared before
the water reached it.  Maybe it blew away.  I'd doubt that a 50lb rock would
float away but unless it had a couple of flat spots on it, it'd roll real
good.  Hmmmmm..... I might have to try that.  Where's my masonary bit?