[GeoStL] Re: New Garmin Units

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:55:37 -0500

When the IQue came out, I seriously thought about it.  But I decided not to
as I want a more rugged GPS that is waterproof.  I'd think the IQue would be
fine in the car and nice weather for 1/1 caches, but I would not want it for
anything else.

While I have only had my 60CS for 2 days, I am very impressed with it and
highly recommend it.  I like how it will do street routing, but it will not
replace my laptop for navigating to caches.

So I recommend the 60CS and a PDA.  If you do not have a laptop, the 60CS
should do a fairly good job getting you to the caches.

The only problem with the 60CS has been compatability with software.  (See
the message I sent yesterday for more details.)

And don't forget Brawny won the powerball!

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

  _____