[GeoStL] Re: Is it me, or is there bad days?

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:34:56 -0800 (PST)

-
Yeah, sometiems it takes more than one set of eyes.  I've gone with a local
friend before, and he finds them first, and sometimes I find it first.  He has
medical probs though so he cant do the more tougher terrain ones, the ones I
like best.  He finds most of them and I get about a 40% find first with him.
It got to now where after he sees it, he stays quiet and lets me know and I
will see if I can find it....

I've always had trouble looking for things, lost keys, Lost remote, lost
shoes...etc... but the places I go to are worth it.  Found a new swimming area
to substitute Johnson Shut In's (those who have been to J Shut Ins know that
you can wait more than an hour just to get to park,....

But AMIDON Cache takes you to a place very similar to J Shut In's and not very
many people know about it.  If you know what I am talking about (waiting and
dealing with Crowds at J Shut Ins), then give AMIDON a try, I konw I will be
returning this summer.

Just an example of why I love Geocaching so much, even though I suck at finding
stuff..
Roger Barnes <rogbarn@xxxxxx> wrote:
-
Most of my cache searches have been frustrating and end unsuccessfully
more often than I like. I stay involved in geocaching in general and
SLAGA in particular because the people are great to know, visit with and
cache with and often share my ideals about the environment and similar
issues. So, I don't cache much and mostly just lurk on the mailing list
but stay in touch because I value this group. I will repeat what I
often hear on this list, watch the list and go out in a group some
weekend. It won't matter that you don't know anyone, they're all nice
people and you'll have fun. Plus, it's nice to have someone else find
the cache for you!

Subject field