[GeoStL] Re: Great Deal

  • From: "Hobbit Taz - charter" <hobbittaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 23:35:55 -0500

-
BEWARE, If you purchase the DVD from somewhere other than GARMIN (actually
even if you do go to garmin) DO NOT GET THE 2009 "NT" VERSION

The "NT" Version is only for Preloaded SD cards or units preloaded and does
not work on mapquest.

I made the mistake and it took me 4 calls (on hold about 45 minutes each to
talk to anyone) to finally convince garmin to trade in the NT version I
purchased for an unlock code for one of our units from the CD they sent me -
I had eventually to send them the receipt via email scanned copy and one
told me I would have to snail mail the actual CD to them as well before
getting the code - luckly they gave it to me after i gave them the CD's
serial number and the copy of the reciept.