[GeoStL] Re: Double logging caches

  • From: Edwin Biesemeyer <singer1ed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:35:23 -0800 (PST)

-
I may do it as two seperate caches then.
GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-
Edwin,

I'm answering for Glenn since he's either at work or his computer is still
broke.

In theory, you're correct how the multiple logs work on multi caches. But in
reality they really aren't supposed to work that way. A multi should get
counted as one find, regardless of the # of waypoints or the distance
between them. And yes there are some multi's set up that way but
geocaching.com frowns on that.

The theory behind that is if the WP's are good enough to qualify as a "I
found it" log, then they should be good enough to qualify as a stand alone
cache. Multi's aren't supposed to be a way up increase your find count based
on the number of WP's.

More discussions to follow, I'm sure.:-)

Rich