[GeoStL] Re: "Best of" lists

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:34:33 -0800 (PST)

-
Glenn et al,
Speaking for myself as one who has to travel to St. Louis or farther to even
find caches I have not found. My list generally speaking is one that gets the
most "bang" for the "buck".....in other words I look for concentrations of
caches in a given area and I usually will do nothing over a 2
difficulty....terrain for me is not a problem.....if I am going to drive all
the way there to cache I don't want to do ONE or TWO caches no matter how good
they might be....I want to pick up at least 10 sometimes as many as 20 to make
my day worth while. There are exceptions to this of course but in general I
don't like to drive 90 to 100 miles and spend all the time and money (for gas
and food) and just get 1 tally.
I would think someone coming into town on business etc would have much the same
needs

Dan Thunder

Glenn <Glenn.GeocachingAdmin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: -
I am thinking of some lists. Think of this from a visitors viewpoint. If
you were going to a town and were looking for caches, what sort of "best
of " lists would you look at.

Best Multi hour caches?
Good easy caches for kids?
Caches downtown I can walk too?
Caches I can do by taxi, in the dark on a rainy day? Or lists of caches
by what part of town, Good caches North...
Caches to do in Forest park and the Zoo?

What would be a handy list for you?

Glenn