[GeoStL] "Best of" lists

  • From: "k Sneed" <sneed14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:31:21 -0600

-
I would like make a HUGE DITTO to Dan's comment.  We live on the Illinois
side and have been recently hitting caches in the South County area.  This
is almost a one hour drive for us.  With the price of gas and food, etc., we
definitely hate to come away with less than 8-10 caches for the day.  We
always look for parks with a high concentration of caches that do not have 3
mile hikes.  We do not avoid multis or the 3+ RGS caches, although they can
be frustrating!
Maybe a category like "Parks with 3 or more caches," such as Whitecliff,
Forest Park, Clydesdale, etc.  Maybe we need to give each cache a Mud rating
(LOL).

We were hoping to hit MOGA this year, but my daughter just informed me there
is a Band Festival at her school on that Saturday, so doesn't look like we
can after all :(

Spongebob14 (Kim & James)

Glenn et al,
Speaking for myself as one who has to travel to St. Louis or farther to even

find caches I have not found. My list generally speaking is one that gets
the
most "bang" for the "buck".....in other words I look for concentrations of
caches in a given area and I usually will do nothing over a 2
difficulty....terrain for me is not a problem.....if I am going to drive all

the way there to cache I don't want to do ONE or TWO caches no matter how
good
they might be....I want to pick up at least 10 sometimes as many as 20 to
make
my day worth while. There are exceptions to this of course but in general I
don't like to drive 90 to 100 miles and spend all the time and money (for
gas
and food) and just get 1 tally.
I would think someone coming into town on business etc would have much the
same
needs

Dan Thunder