[gawlerites] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Lindy Brock <lindybrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:38:48 +0000

Hi LorraineSorry to hear of your setback. I started similar treatment nearly 4
years ago and stillgo into remission every time it comes back. In between I get
about a year each time.So keep positive. I am sure they are close to a cure for
blood cancer.I am back into hospital tomorrow for a month and hopefully that
will be it for awhile.Best wishes for your treatment and I hope it is not too
hard and you have a good outcome.Love Lindy
From: lbenson@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gawlerites] Re: (no subject)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:06:15 +1100

Hi Lindy,

Yes, it certainly was a bummer of a Christmas.  Sorry
to hear about your setback - and such an agressive one too - but I'm very
pleased to hear you're back in remission.  I wish you every success with
the steam cell transplant.  What a great idea taking your own fridge into
the hospital with you.  Don't we learn as we go along!

I've had a set back, too.  I've gone from no
treatment (for lymphoma) to needing 6 chemo infusions, i.e. one every 3
weeks.  I feel I was very lucky.  My thyroid was enlarged to a
noticeable and troublesome extent and this led to various biopsies and tests
showing that the cancer had taken off and was in the thyroid and other
areas, too. I was in St. Vincent's Private and was so impressed with
the team work and 'family' feel there that I am now under an oncologist
there. He said it's not curable, but it's treatable. It will come back and
they'll knock it on the head again. (My words, not his).  I have great
faith in him and am more than happy with the way things have turned out for me.
My main side effect from my first dose of chemo was extreme fatigue.  I
guess age has something to do with this, too.  My second dose is on this
coming Wednesday.  So I now have my Recipe for Life books out and am going
through them again.  I looked up Cherrie's 'treats' and they look
very nice.  Thanks Cherrie!

I send you every best wish, Lindy. Keep up your
positive outlook.

Sincerely, Lorraine.
View photos of singles in your area! Browse profiles for FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/