[gawlerites] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Lorraine Benson" <lbenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:06:15 +1100

Hi Lindy,

Yes, it certainly was a bummer of a Christmas.  Sorry to hear about your
setback - and such an agressive one too - but I'm very pleased to hear you're
back in remission.  I wish you every success with the steam cell transplant.
What a great idea taking your own fridge into the hospital with you.  Don't we
learn as we go along!

I've had a set back, too.  I've gone from no treatment (for lymphoma) to
needing 6 chemo infusions, i.e. one every 3 weeks.  I feel I was very lucky.
My thyroid was enlarged to a noticeable and troublesome extent and this led to
various biopsies and tests showing that the cancer had taken off and was in the
thyroid and other areas, too. I was in St. Vincent's Private and was so
impressed with the team work and 'family' feel there that I am now under an
oncologist there. He said it's not curable, but it's treatable. It will come
back and they'll knock it on the head again. (My words, not his).  I have great
faith in him and am more than happy with the way things have turned out for me.
My main side effect from my first dose of chemo was extreme fatigue.  I guess
age has something to do with this, too.  My second dose is on this coming
Wednesday.  So I now have my Recipe for Life books out and am going through
them again.  I looked up Cherrie's 'treats' and they look very nice.  Thanks
Cherrie!

I send you every best wish, Lindy. Keep up your positive outlook.

Sincerely, Lorraine.