[gawlerites] Re: Debbie's condition

  • From: Charo Niederer <charoniederer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gawlerites freelistsfen2009 <gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 00:11:40 +1200

Dear Bruce and Debbie
Thinking of you both as the gravity of your health Debbie registers reluctantly
in our hearts.
 I have not been free enough of my own care to be much in touch but from the
first days at Gawler in February Colin and I have been cheering you on Bruce
and Debbie in your endeavours hoping you would have the good outcome we all
want for you.
Love and strength
Colin and Cherrie
From: moo-man@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gawlerites] Debbie's condition
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:19:07 +1000

Hi
Guys,

Sorry to be the
bearer of bad news but my Debbie is in the worst of troubles right
now.

Over the last two months,
Debbie's tumour markers have been going up, her pain has significantly
increased
and her comprehension skills have reduced, so she started another round of
chemo 5 weeks ago using a chemical called Caelyx.

Unfortunately this
hasn't worked and eight days ago, we were called to the Maroondah hospital
(where she was about to undergo the second treatment) because her new blood
test
showed kidney and liver problems. As a result, Deb was admitted to the
hospital and I moved in with her.

During our 9-day
stay there, Deb had further CT scans and these showed a new brain tumour
and a significant increase in other tumours throughout her body. There was also
brain swelling, arterial blockage and chest issues. As a result, we were
advised that no further treatment was possible and I should 'let her go' in
peace. Her doctors expect her to pass away during the next
few days to a week.

As a result, I have
brought her home to be with the family.

Some of the
treatments she has undergone have returned a lot of her faculties so
she can still recognise people and understand 'some' discussions'. As such,
we have decided to have a 'homecoming' party for her tomorrow, Saturday
29/8/09 at 1:30 pm at 9 Golding Court, Scoresby, Victoria (for those who
may want to attend and are able to).

We intend making it
as happy as possible as we believe this will be the very last chance for
most people to say goodbye to the Deb they know and love (and in keeping with
the 'happy' theme, 'black' is banned). No presents, or flowers, etc, just
yourselves.

So, sorry to be the
bearer of such bad news but I know Deb would want me to tell you
guys.

I still pray for a
miracle but ...

Love and best wishes
always.

Bruce (and on behalf
of Debbie)

View photos of singles in your area. Click here
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/163036679/direct/01/