[gawlerites] Re: Debbie

  • From: Richard M <richm7@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:13:42 +1200

Dear Bruce,

                Our heart felt condolences to you for the  loss of your
lovely Deb .You did all you could and its all any of us can do .I was
reading a Cancer book last night about death and dying and best thing you
can do is just to be there which you were .

Sincerely,

Patti and Dick Meldrum

Kawakawa NZ

Statement of confidentiality: This e-mail message and any accompanying
attachments may contain information that is IN-CONFIDENCE and subject to
legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message.

From: moo-man@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gawlerites] Debbie's condition
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:19:07 +1000

Hi Guys,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my Debbie is in the worst of troubles
right now.

Over the last two months, Debbie's tumour markers have been going up, her
pain has significantly increased and her comprehension skills have reduced,
so she started another round of chemo 5 weeks ago using a chemical called
Caelyx.

Unfortunately this hasn't worked and eight days ago, we were called to the
Maroondah hospital (where she was about to undergo the second treatment)
because her new blood test showed kidney and liver problems. As a result,
Deb was admitted to the hospital and I moved in with her.

During our 9-day stay there, Deb had further CT scans and these showed a new
brain tumour and a significant increase in other tumours throughout her
body. There was also brain swelling, arterial blockage and chest issues. As
a result, we were advised that no further treatment was possible and I
should 'let her go' in peace. Her doctors expect her to pass away during the
next few days to a week.

As a result, I have brought her home to be with the family.

Some of the treatments she has undergone have returned a lot of her
faculties so she can still recognise people and understand 'some'
discussions'. As such, we have decided to have a 'homecoming' party for her
tomorrow, Saturday 29/8/09 at 1:30 pm at 9 Golding Court, Scoresby, Victoria
(for those who may want to attend and are able to).

We intend making it as happy as possible as we believe this will be the very
last chance for most people to say goodbye to the Deb they know and love
(and in keeping with the 'happy' theme, 'black' is banned). No presents, or
flowers, etc, just yourselves.

So, sorry to be the bearer of such bad news but I know Deb would want me to
tell you guys.

I still pray for a miracle but ...

Love and best wishes always.

Bruce (and on behalf of Debbie)

  _____

Find out how here Use Messenger in your Hotmail inbox
<http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=823454>

20:45:00

database 4411 (20090909) __________

http://www.eset.com