Message from the Principal

  • From: "David Reker" <dreker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 07:42:43 -0500

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear GA Parents and Friends:

I hope all of you enjoyed the "SNOW DAY" we had yesterday.
  This was the first one we have had in three years. Many
of the children think that if they wear their pajamas
inside out and backwards it will snow enough to have a
snow day. (Please encourage your children to continue
this practice! The administrators and teachers enjoy
these surprise days off.) By the way, the staff did send
a thank you note today to parent Rich Apuzzo, the
weatherman on Channel 19. For three years we have begged
him for a snow day, and Mr. Apuzzo finally came through
for us!

This morning we had a very beautiful and meaningful Advent
Prayer Service with the students. The children entered a
dark church singing "Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord" from
"Godspell." Fr. Tom King gave a very good sermon on how
important it is for us to use the gifts and talents that
God has given us to make this world learn about the love
of God. That is what Advent is all about. Fr. King also
read a story explaining how the name Santa Claus came from
the name St. Nicholas. The story also told about the life
that St. Nicholas lived and how Bishop Nicholas would help
the people in need. Ask you child/ren what they learned
from
today's Advent Prayer Service.

Next week is a busy one at GA. Besides getting ready and
practicing for the GA Christmas Program, the following
activities will take place:

Monday: 9:00 am -- Golden Rule Program Committee Meeting
           3:00 pm -- Catholic Schools Week Committee
Meeting
Tuesday: 8:15 am -- Mass for grades 1-4
Wednesday: Mid Point in Quarter 2. Interim Reports will
              be sent home soon.
           7:00 pm -- Education Council Meeting
Thursday:3:30 pm -- GA Staff Christmas Party
Friday: 8:15 am -- Mass for grades 5-8
           Lollipop Sale at lunch for Pregnancy Problem
Center

I received a very nice note from the Kirkpatrick Family.
  They wanted me to thank all of you for your prayers for
Meghan. To say the least, the Kirkpatricks and all of us
at GA are thrilled to learn that Meghan's tumors did not
contain cancer. Please continue to keep Meghan in your
prayers.

Have a very nice weekend!

God's blessings,

David Reker