[gameprogrammer] Re: ode and collision detection

  • From: Sami Näätänen <sn.ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:16:07 +0300

On Saturday 01 September 2007, Roger D Vargas wrote:
> I have delayed this because of my lack of math skills, but yesterday
> I thought, I just want to use a physics lib, not to write one, so I
> guess I dont need so much maths.
> Now Im looking for some info about how to integrate ODE in my Ogre3d
> project for collision detection, but I cant find anything useful in
> google. Can somebody give me a hint about this and ODE concepts?

Look at the OGRE addons. There should be ODE bindings to OGRE.
Use that and I think it will make your whole programming task a lot
easier.

These physic lib bindings are designed to automatically update the
physic calculation results to OGRE. Well atleast thats what the
ogrenewt addon will do for the Newton. :)