[gameprogrammer] Re: another tools

  • From: Sean Edwards <edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:23:30 -0400

I happen to know that Ogre3D is LGPL, which means it's free for any
commercial or noncommercial use (the limitation is that any modification you
make must be contributed back to the community:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html ). I use it extensively myself, and
would swear by it as a graphics platform.

Otherwise I'd definitely go with Julian's advice. Check the license on the
software. Usually if there are commercial licensing fees, it won't be
difficult to find out about them (Neoaxis http://www.neoaxisgroup.com/ for
example). A good indicator for commercial licensing fees is anywhere that it
mentions "Free for non-profit ..." or similar.

~Sean