[gameprogrammer] Re: Windows Vista and OpenGL

  • From: "richard sabbarton" <richard.sabbarton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:05:57 +0100

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for your feedback.  First thing I did was download the
latest drivers from Lenovo.  The nVidia site states that the drivers
are custom for the Lenovo kit to be compatible with powersave features
etc. etc.  This didn't help.  The graphics still seemed clunky but, I
checked from the performance point of view and the framerate is
identical to the XP machine.

The GL_POINT_SMOOTH behaviour is different so I have been able to fix
that by swithcing it off.  I don't think it was having any effect on
my XP machine.  Now I just have the distance faces to worry about.  I
am just a hobby-coder so it is a very real possibility that this is my
fault.

Still investigating!

Rich