[gameprogrammer] Re: POST in JSON format?

  • From: Kevin Jenkins <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:41:39 -0800

Sorry for not being clear. I'm OK on the server side because I'm writing it
in Java and am using json-lib to read the body of the post. But for testing
I want to write a webpage that can do a POST from an HTML form

<form>
First name: <input type="text" name="firstname"><br>
Last name: <input type="text" name="lastname"><br>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

With that code the body is not in JSON format. I was wondering if there was
a simple way to make any form put the body in JSON format. Or lacking that,
at least how to hand-craft it so that it is. I found some javascript code
online but it didn't work, that is what I was alluding to.